I am a PhD student in Marc Toussaint’s LIS group at TU Berlin, working on task and motion planning (TAMP) using optimization techniques, in addition to sampling based planners, with inspiration from control theory. I am associated with IntCDC, and am involved in several projects at the intersection of robotics and architecture.
I have a strong interest in control systems, optimization, numerical methods, and technology in general. Before taking on my current position, I have been a mechanical engineering student at ETH Zurich, and have focussed on robotics, systems and control. I did several internships in various companies (notably Amazon and BCG Gamma).
I like rowing, all kinds of other sports, and to my friends delight I am an avid cook.
I have an open list of ideas for which I am looking for collaborators (external pressure to complete something!) here. Contact me if anything catches your interest!
- Learning Efficient Constraint Graph Sampling for Robotic Sequential Manipulation, Joaquim Ortiz de Haro, Valentin N. Hartmann, Ozgur S. Oguz, Marc Toussaint, To be presented at ICRA 2021 [arxiv], [youtube]
- Self-supervised Learning of Scene-Graph Representations for Solving Sequential Manipulation Problems, Son-Tung Nguyen, Ozgur S. Oguz, Valentin N. Hartmann, Marc Toussaint, Conference on Robot Learning (CoRL) 2020 [paper], [youtube]
- Robust task and motion planning for long-horizon architectural construction planning, Valentin N. Hartmann, Ozgur S. Oguz, Danny Driess, Marc Toussaint and Achim Menges, International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS) 2020, [arXiv], [short video], [talk]
- Planning Planning: The Path Planner as a Finite State Machine, Valentin N. Hartmann, Ozgur S. Oguz, and Marc Toussaint. Workshop for Planning and Robotics (PlanRob), International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS), 2020. [talk]
- Co-Design in Architecture: A Modular Material-Robot Kinematic Construction System, Samuel Leder, HyunGyu Kim, Ozgur S. Oguz, Valentin N. Hartmann, Marc Toussaint, Achim Menges, Metin Sitti, Paper presented at the meeting of the 2020 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS) [Proceedings of Workshop on Construction and Architecture Robotics], 2020.